Old 03-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Qbee

Is it a 1965? That is the year I was born and I wondered if they have Featherweights from that year cause I never see them.

Originally Posted by countrycottage
I got my Featherweight in 1965. It was my first electric machine. I'd been wishing for a new machine for a long time, but we just couldn't afford one. One day one of my co-workers told me that she had a machine she'd bought brand new several years earlier, had only used it once to hem some dish towels, and that she would sell it to me for $30.00. I jumped at that, and the next day she brought it to work with her. When I opened the case my heart fell. I'd never heard of a Featherweight -- it looked like a toy to me. I found myself wishing that I hadn't told her I'd buy it. But I took it home, and immediately discovered that I loved it. What a blessing that little machine has been. It was my only machine for over 20 years, and I used it a lot to make clothes for my kids and myself. I also took in sewing so that I could be a "stay-at-home" Mom. I've had 3 Singers since then, but that little Featherweight is still my favorite. It has never given one minute's trouble, and sews as good as new.