Thread: What's next?
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 04:36 AM
GailG

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
melissa wrote:
Quiltncrazy...you are making good progress. A wise quilter once said that quilter's don't make mistakes, they just change their design midstream. I learned a lot from my first few....kept things in perspective for me. Again, your DGD will love it.

As i wrote on another post, I am so excited. Melissa, what you said here about quilters changing their design midstream must have been a premonition, lol! I was inspired to, (haven't done it yet) put on a wavy green vine and then applique flowers to not only strengthen the 'skinny' outline borders, but to camoflage mistakes. I got last two blocks on today and two of eight borders, and did the machine stitching on applique block in center. That is probably the most I have gotten done in one day. My legs and feet are swollen but I am so happy. Now I just gotta go shopping bc I want to get a green as close to the one in the blocs as I can, or I might use a jumbo rick rack. Don't think that will be wide enough. Input from this board has opened up new possibilities...yippee...you must be psychic, lol! :wink:
I know where you're coming from with the swollen legs and feet. I have a big issue with that. Here's what I find helps. I wear my tennis shoes that lace up tight. (Even when I'm in my jammies on "jammie day." -- It's not a pretty sight. :oops: ) I also do the same when I'm standing with my cake decorating. And it really helps. Don't know why, but the feet don't swell and get all tingly. (As my GGD said once, "my feet are all SPARKLY." :lol: )