Old 03-06-2011, 04:22 AM
Obsessed

Beautiful blocks Jupiter and Deecee! They look so nice all together. Jupiter, I love the blue and yellow liberty star! I'm glad you posted the green set separately, they are really beautiful and it's hard to see all the detail when they are posted next to the big set.

Love looking at all the blocks!

Here are my blocks - I put them on a dark background because I plan to sash them and wanted to see what they would look like with dark sashing. The verdict is that dark brown is good, but that particular fabric would be too busy. The blocks have so much going on that the eye needs somewhere to rest! I ordered some Moda Marbles in mink (second pic) - not a batik, but I think it will work well for sashing the blocks.

I've grown to like my Rosellen's Cross, so I won't be changing it after all, but I will be redoing Laura's Cathedral Window this week. The values of the brown and the red are too close and the red doesn't glow the way I want it to. Not exactly sure what I'm going to change the brown to, but I will post once I get it done.

Sashing color
[ATTACH=CONFIG]124511[/ATTACH]

My blocks so far...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]124664[/ATTACH]

Without sashing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]124666[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-124506.jpe   attachment-124659.jpe   attachment-124661.jpe