Old 03-06-2011, 07:00 AM
jaciqltznok
Banned

My Bernina dealer sells both!
Here is what she tells her customers....think about how long you THINK you will be around using it. think about WHAT you will be wanting to do with it. Think about how much money you THINK you will be putting into the add ons, after the initial purchase.

If you are young, or have a family full of sewers to leave your Bernina too, then by the Bernina. If you are older, or have only YOU in the family that sews, then get a Janome.

If you have unlimited amounts of money to spend on extra feet, attachments, lessons, etc, buy a Bernina, if your are limited on how much you can add on to the machine, get the Janome.

If it is for a second machine, to compliment a bigger/heavier machine that you want to take to classes or travel with, get a Janome. She does not recommend the Bernette for any reason...says it is nothing buy trouble.

If you want to spend hours learning ALL that the machine can do and you will put all that learning to use, then get a Bernina, if you want to sew, do some thread play and some quilting with little learning curve, get a Janome.

Janome parts are now interchangable with Elna and Kenmore machines as well.

I have the older Bernina 830 and just love it, I have taught classes on the New Berninas and they are not for everyone...I also have a Janome Gem for classes...LOVE IT....