View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 07:28 AM
Bill'sBonBon

When we were married in 1961 I didn't really realize we were poor. But after our Girls were born in 63 and 64 Boy did I realize what it meant. Wash clothes in the bath tub and I used a small rub board. Anyone remember them. Family kinda iqnored us both sides. I didn't ask for help and neither did he. No TV we did have a radio and HIFi set,Mine the last Christmas I was at my Parents. WE read a lot and played board games with our best friends,who were in the same boat. Have gone without supper so my babies had formula,baby food. WE always have lived when I was pregnant where we had citrus Trees. Oranges,Grapfruit,Tangerines,lemons and lady finger bananas. Living in southern Fla. Citrus was everywhere. I have seen days when that was what I would have to eat all day.. But it all paid off, We did it all by ourselves without help. We have 2 Beautiful Daughters who had piano lessons,horses,a lot of things we never had. We spoiled them,but in a good way. They had to work for what they wanted. I mean at home and to take care of what they did get, responsibilty is a wonderful thing to learn at an early age. It has paid off for them also. Both girls are hard workers and don't expect anything to be given to them. I used to make my daughters play clothes out of feed sacks my stepfather gave me. Boy do I wish I had them today. :D Any ways those times were hard but Here we are April 7,1961 To April 7,2009 that is 48 yrs. :shock: and everyone said We couldnt do it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
BillsBonBon