View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 07:57 AM
Nita

Hi Singalong ~ I am feeling your pain; I did a similar thing. A few years ago; I decided to get back into sewing, after many years of being away from it. I bought a new Pfaff machine to replace my antiquated (sp?) Kenmore, and then signed up at LQS to join the Thimbleberries Club. They were making a HUGE BOM quilt. The piecing was WAY beyond my skill level and I became very frustrated and could not keep up with everyone. I was absolutely sick to think of the money I had invested (over $200 when all was said & done) and ultimately this UFO got wadded up and shoved in the farthest corner of my closet (where it remains to this day). But, guess what? I will finish it some day ...... I know I will. I just needed to get some experience under my belt first. So my advice is to build your confidence first with some easy quilt patterns. My first completed quilt was "Yellow Brick Road"; A pattern put out by Atkinson Designs. Another wonderful easy pattern that many of us on this board have used is called "Warm Wishes". You can find it on the McCall's webste. Most important thing about quilting is not the end product, but rather the journey along the way! in other words, make sure that you enjoy the journey ...... Happy Quilting, Nita