View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Ceil

Originally Posted by jad1044
I'd not use it - I tried it and it totally messed up my computer to the point of not being able to get into any site - it removed all my cookies - now I'm battling with the cookies issue on every site I get into but at least I'm in! I need to take my computer in and get it fixed; I'm at the end of my rope to fix it myself; DON'T USE IT! It may have worked for some, but i'd say, You WERE Lucky!
I have been using it successfully for quite a while now, at least a year, maybe more on two computers. If you click on the wrong thing on the download page, you may indeed download the wrong item but this is free and safe and does a great job.
I agree with sweetp2dt 100%.
I was not "lucky". This program does what it does well. The only thing I have to fix after I've cleaned my computer with it (which I do EVERY Sunday) is to re-enter the password on my homepage. I would have to do that even if I used the build in cleaner (and I do use that too about once a month.
For those interested in learning more about how to take care of their computers, what programs are good, which are free, which are both, check out: http://www.komando.com/
This is also a free site but you can pay for membership (I do not). I find it informative and safe. Just don't download a whole bunch of free things at once. Also note that some of the products she recommends are advertisers on her site but I think she's very upfront about that and tells you which are advertisers and gives other choices as well.