Old 03-06-2011, 11:17 AM
DeneK

I have a HandiQuilter frame that was given to me and I am just now trying to learn to use it. I am having a lot of trouble with the top thread breaking. I know to check: tension, make sure threaded correctly, match thread and needle.

1st question: tension knob doesn't seem to have any resistance when I adjust it. So it is very hard to see exactly where it is set or what changes you are making. Sometimes it seems like I accidentally adjust it when I brush past it. Can anyone explain how to adjust the tension?

2nd question: I am using a #14 needle and King Tut 30 wt thread? Do I have a mis-match? Or is there another brand of thread that this Janome might like better?

3rd question: It seems that the automatic needle threader frays my thread. It happens most of the time regardless of needle size or thread type. I make sure to pull the thread long enough to cut off any frayed, but question if that should be happening all the time or if I may be doing something wrong.

Other than these issues - I LOVE, LOVE my Janome. During the past week since I have the Janome mounted on my quilting frame, I have been using my older machines to piece with and boy, do I miss the Janome.

Thanks for any help you can offer.