Old 03-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Dottie Bug

Originally Posted by wytetygeress
Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Congratulations on an awesome deal!! If you haven't already, you may want to check the Singer serial number here: http://www.singerco.com/support/serial_2letter.html I'm fairly new at identifing the vintage Singers, but that might be a Singer 15 rather than a 66. I just got one from a friend & will be using it for my FMQ machine, partly because you can lower the feed dogs on the 15. (Don't know about that on the 66)
I went to the site, at first i thought it was a 176 but when i found the book yea, no...I am almost positive that it is a 66 if i am looking at the numbers correctly. Now i have to find out what Free Westinghouse i have. Funny thing is that the repair guy told me to scap the Free Westinghouse, because it is a pain machine..I think it is beautiful. I think it was made around the 20's, which means even if i never sew on it, it is almost a 100 years old and is a great addition to my sewing (soon to be) room.
Edit- i stand corrected, it looks identical to the 15-91 thank you for pointing it out to me =)
quiltin cowgirl ,,,, wow i didnt know you could drop the feed dogs how do you do this ,,,, Dottie Bug