Old 03-06-2011, 03:02 PM
basketcru

Originally Posted by LMB
I dont know. The quilting part is what I wanted to do. Thats what drew me to this site, and I think I will keep trying for awhile longer to see if I can do it myself. I hate for anything to get the best of me... if someone else can do it, why cant I? If I have to let someone quilt it then I do all the baking and they get to put on the frosting and I just dont like that idea...
I have to say--those were my thoughts exactly when I started out!! So far I have finished one twin sized quilt and have another 3/4 done--but I am quilting them by hand!! I have done numerous baby quilts and quilted those by machine and did stitch in the ditch with very few problems, but size is key!

I am now working on a queen size top--and I truly believe I will have it quilted by someone else!!! It's a lot of fabric to toss around--not sure I can handle that! So my advice is get your kicks out of quilting the smaller pieces like table runners, baby quilts etc....leave the big ones to someone who has a long arm...and take that time to CREATE more tops!!