View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 03:43 PM
dljennings

Originally Posted by matraina
Here's a little story similar to the spilled Coke but has nothing to do with quilting. We were having a baby shower for my niece (my Godchild) and I had seen this beautiful crib cake. It was large enough for the guests and rather expensive. On the way to my sister-in-law's the day before the shower, I held the cake on my lap so it wouldn't fall or anything. My husband got into a car accident, and the cake was everywhere. Luckily, my niece knew the owner of a very good bake shop in the area and took it there. He was able to selvage it but it never looked like what it was before the crash.
i was working for a catering company in florida years ago.. i was driving the van with a wedding cake, white icing with bright royal blue flowers.. i got tboned when a car ran a traffic light.. that cake was everywhere.. 2pm sat afternoon.. way b4 cell phones.. i had to find a phone so i could call work.. they had to replace it...

the bakery had cakes in the freezer, so they could redo it, but it was very simple & all white... we took some of the flowers out of the centerpieces & used those to decorate the cake..i was white & blue, cause the icing was all over me...

bride was lovely about it.. mother of the bride stiffed us all on tips because we didn't deliver the cake of her dreams.. b$%%&!