View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 05:14 PM
roselady

Originally Posted by barnbum
Mine are on open bookshelves, but there's only one window facing north and huge pines trees out the window to help. No fabrics--except a quilt hanging on the wall--are near that window. I had the fabrics covered in the other room--facing south and the fabrics directly in the way, but it's too much fun to be able to see them now. I don't want to hide them. The only fabrics I've ever found fad marks on were in a closet where no light got in. Strange.
I feel the same way. I just have to walk into my sewing room and see the beautiful stacks of fabric...and I am happy. My creativity just insists on seeing all these projects-in-waiting, along with my bulletin board covered in ideas, photos, etc... It is my happy place!! Most of my fabric is stored away in bins but I have "artfully" placed some fabric in amongst my favorite books, childrens and pets photos, favorite greeting cards from loved ones, that I can't bear to throw out. I also have to have light in my house, the first thing I do in the morning is open all blinds in the house. If I ever build a house, it will have more windows than walls!! One can dream! A faded line in a piece of fabric wouldn't keep me from using a favorite fabric, I would cut that line out and find a pattern to fit it!