Old 03-06-2011, 06:08 PM
roselady

Originally Posted by meemersmom
I am still looking for my first Featherweight. I check CL, eBay, and the papers every day; I've told friends I am looking...nothing yet. My grandmother had two of them. I have fond memories of playing at her house up in Maine with the "tick-tick-tick-" in the background. I asked my aunt about them after my grandmother died. My aunt said she threw all that old junk away. It broke my heart. I think of my 'memere' every time I see one. I would have it for both use and display.
Ohhh Noooo!!! My heart breaks with you. No one, that I know of, in my family had one. I was really looking for one to use mainly for taking to class or anywhere else. I have an old Bernina that is very heavy and is in a cabinet, it really wasn't very portable. My mother in law is a former quilter who still meets with her ex-quilting friends for lunch. I thought maybe one of them would have one they didn't use anymore. While describing it to her, my SIL , who was nearby, said "that sounds like my little machine, but you wouldn't want that stinky thing, I'm sure". It was a featherweight and of course I wanted it, she was happy to GIVE it a new loving home. I am blessed! I love thinking about the women who may have used this little machine before me. Her name is "Jane" after my SIL, of course.