View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 04:49 AM
GailG

Originally Posted by Izy
Sharon, thanks for your enthusiasm....I couldn't agree with you more on fabric being fun, due to fabric being so scarce here in Spain, all my friends on the quiltingboard helped me and my guild out by donating lots of fabric to us last year. It was an amazing show of friendship and I was able to make this quilt using alot of the brights I snaffled :D The hot pink sashings were a cotton dress I got from the charity shop!!

We have a fantastic group of quilters on this Board, my life has been enhanced so much by meeting everyone here :D :D :D
Everytime one of you gals tells of your difficulty in getting fabrics, I can't help but be thankful and appreciative for our resources here. Even though some of us have to travel miles to acquire our fabrics, we still know that it's there for us. We're down to one LQS within a 30-mile radius, but at least we have that. I know some of you are travelling much further.

I didn't know about the sharing of our fabrics here with our sisters across the water. I think that's what love of neighbor is all about -- sharing. I hope we do more of it.