Old 03-07-2011, 05:18 AM
countryone77

Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
II don’t know how to get specific fabric swatches in the non-rectangle shapes, just colors.
I think that I found the answer to getting fabrics into the shapes (I happened upon it quite by accident):

Using Fabrics in Shapes

Microsoft OfficeMac 2011 - Excel
1. Find a fabric online, select it and copy its image.
2. In Excel, Paste Special -> Picture
3. On SmartArt tab, click Shape and select any shape, for example the heart from Basic Shapes. Your fabric picture will change to the selected shape.
4. To change the shape, repeat step 3.
5. To change the fabric, right-mouse-button click on the fabric and select "Change Picture".

Microsoft Office 2007 for Windows - Excel
1. Find a fabric online, select it and copy its image.
2. In Excel, Paste Special -> Bitmap
3. When the bitmap is selected, Picture Tools shows on the Title bar and a Format tab is shown. Select a shape from Picture Shape on that Format tab.
4. To change the shape, repeat step 3.
5. To change the fabric, right-mouse-button click on the fabric and select "Change Picture".

Open Office 3.2.1 on Mac - Calc
1. Find a fabric online, select it and save its image to a location on your disk, at which you can find it later.
2. In Calc, View->Toolbars->Drawing Object Properties (one time only).
3. Select an object from the Drawing toolbar, at the bottom of the screen, and draw the object in your spreadsheet.
4. From the Drawing Object Properties toolbar, at the top of the screen, and click the Color arrow to open its menu and select Bitmap.
5. Click the Area bucket, which is now just left of Bitmap and do the following (this step can be skipped if you have already added your fabric picture).
⁃ Click Bitmaps tab
⁃ Click the Import… button, find your fabric picture; select it and click Open; Name your fabric and click OK.
⁃ Click OK.
6. Select your fabric from the menu that is immediately to the right of Bitmap on the Drawing Object Properties toolbar. At first it should just be a blank menu -- click the arrow to select your fabric.
7. To add another fabric, repeat step 5.
8. To change a fabric, repeat step 6.
9. I did not see a way to change an object's shape, so I presume you would have to remove the unwanted shape and add a new object of the correct shape.