View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 08:22 AM
sandpat
Power Poster

I'm sick of my own cooking. No...really I am. I am a pretty good cook (if I do say so myself) but I was wondering what do other people cook when they can't decide what they want to eat?? DH and I have the same conversation EVERY day...what do you want for dinner tonight?...I don't know...what do YOU want??? See???? All we do is go round and round. If we can't decide..I usually go to my fall back but really tasty Italian Sausage sandwiches. I'll tell you the recipe if you'll tell me what you do..and of course share the recipe :wink:

Italian Sausage Sandwiches

Saute thinly sliced onions and green bell peppers in a skillet in a little olive oil.

When soft and with that yummy tinge of brown on the onions, remove from skillet and pour in another about 1 TBLsp. of olive oil.

Split however many Italian sausages you would like to eat down the center and open them up. Cook in the olive oil until done. Remove from skillet and pour out the remaining oil.

Return the onions, bell pepper and sausages to the skillet and pour some canned pasta sauce (like Bertolli) over the top. Heat through...serve and enjoy!

We love these on those hogie rolls made by Sara Lee...MMMMM!!!