Old 03-07-2011, 01:23 PM
pgthom

I got my first one about 11 years ago at an estate sale in my city. Original owner had passed away; she was a nurse, as am I. When I arrived, a man was inspecting it and a newer machine, first one and then the other. I held my breath, waiting for him to set it down. Then I swooped in and took it (and the matching FW table) to the cashier. Had all the original paperwork. Cost: $75.00 for both.

Second one I bought off eBay, paid too much and the seller did not practice full disclosure about the condition, especially the case which was missing the handle.
Less than happy with that purchase and I paid too much!

Third one I found at Goodwill, on the very day it arrived there. Nice condition both machine and case. Cost: $39.00

So I figure I am batting over 600! Would still buy another one if I found a nice machine for a good price! I also want a Singer 301. Found a 500A in a cabinet last year for $50. so there are still bargains to be found. Just have to search and be patient.

I have since bartered/sold one FW to another board member. She had coveted one for several years and promised to give her a good home.