Old 03-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Airwick156

Heres my story and I really really couldnt tell you how MAD I WAS at myself let alone how mad my husband was at me for doing this.

I used to make him shirts...short sleeves, pockets, buttons and buttonholes AND COLLARS. Only thing I had ever made sewing and I eventually made him 45 shirts and he wore every single one of them at least one time. He would pick out the fabric so he couldn't complain he didn't like the fabric I chose for them.
So this one time, we had a little bit of extra money so to speak and my husband asked me to make him some more shirts and so I agreed to it. We always bought Walmart fabric for $2.00 a yard that way if he didn't like them when they were done, it was no real big money loss but he always liked them or so he said and he knew to have them cut exactly 2 1/2 yards of fabric and he learned NOT TO BUY DIMENSIONAL fabric quite fast. LOL. So we bought enough fabric that I could make him 5 new shirts and instead of me cutting them one by one, I thought I would cut all of them out at the same time (one shirt at a time though) and then I would sew them all at the same time kind of like an assembly line. Well I got all of them cut out and went to sew the sleeves onto this particular shirt and I couldnt find them. Hmm that was odd, I KNOW I CUT THEM ALL OUT. And I had seperated the front pieces from the back pieces to make it easier for me. Anyways, I searched high and low for them stupid sleeves and never did find them till later on...but, I saw the BACK piece of this darn shirt and thought, oh I didn't cut them out yet. So I lay the fabric out, pin my pattern on and I CUT!!!!! All of a sudden, I had this really bad feeling that I just SCREWED UP!!! I move the shirts that I already had sewn together and guess what I found....THE SLEEVES. I was sooooooo mad at myself, husband was even madder at me for ruining HIS SHIRT. Geez, its not as if it was YOURS YET. LOL. So we go back to walmart to HOPEFULLY get some more to make the back piece with and guess what? THEY WERE TOTALLY OUT. I was sooo heart broken after that that it was a long long long time before I cut anymore shirts for him out assembly line. I laugh at it now because it is really funny but at the time it wasn't. I even offered to let HIM SLEEP on the couch. But he didn't take me up on that. So we all live and learn by our stupid mistakes. (shhh dont tell him, I didn't really like that stupid fabric anyways it was a off white with really pale lighthouses on it)