View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 03:55 PM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by k3n
I made this following the pattern posted here on the board http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-102422-1.htm by marsspyder.

I made mine half size and a bit modified - the original comes out at 63" square and mine is a 39" x 30" rectangle! This was partly due to suitable fabric shortage on my part and the fact that I halved the measurements (which still should have been square!) then some miscalculation which left me even more short of fabric so I had to rejig the pattern to this rectangular version! I don't think it does marsspyder's pattern complete justice and think I'll make the full size version one day but for now, I think it turned out OK.

Others seem to see the 3D effect better than I can - I think because I made it so have a) looked at it too long and b) my brain 'knows' the trick! Anyway thanks for reading this far (if you did!) and thanks for looking. :-D

EDIT - the further back you go from your screen, the more pronounced the effect! Apologies in advance for any nausea caused! :mrgreen: :lol:
hold on-----------gotta get my sunglasses!

love it