View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 06:19 PM
jraff

I've always wondered about swaps myself. I'm like EasyPeezy. Why stress myself with more deadlines? I have too many other things that need that kind of attention. My quilting is done either for gifts or charity. And I never see the end of UFOs finished.

The other reason - I hate to stand in line at the post office to send something off. I know there are squishy paks, etc. I just quilt for enjoyment and an avenue for some creativity. When I do a quilt, I don't feel the need to ask for blocks from someone else.

Right now -- I'm really into scap quilts and want to try so many different techniques.

I will send a block if one is requested for a joint quilt for someone who is ill, and I try to follow the requests for size and color.

I do understand the pet hair request and carefully scrutinize the quilt tops I get from my sewing group for baby quilts for a local charity. I can wash or take care of that problem, before assembling the rest. We have no smokers.

All the more power to those who love swaps. It is just something that I can live without.

Good