View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 07:04 PM
marknfran

Originally Posted by eparys
I have bought a lot of fabric on EBAY and been successful. The real trick is knowing what you want and asking questions. Lots are OK to bid on but my experience with them is that sometimes non quilters includes fabric that may not suit your need for quilting. That being said I always find a use for that fabric that I do not use in my quilts.

Also I have found specific fabric that I was in need of on Ebay that was no longer available in brick and mortar stores. Great source of fabric - but not always cheaper than on sale prices at other stores.

Originally Posted by thepolyparrot
Some of my favorite sellers: ...

Frank's - very fast and easy to deal with - I've bought a lot of his FQ assortments, recently Jinny Beyer, 30's & CW collections. There are usually a couple of "stinkers" in the assortments, but at $1.00 each and actual shipping charges, you are getting a real bargain:
http://shop.ebay.com/franks11/m.html..._from=&_ipg=25
Franks actually has a brick and mortar store not too far from me - he is a hoot, the store is in a dumpy building and his prices are as cheap as can be if he has what you want.
WOW, his site is awesome. Even some fat quarters are less than a dollar.....gotta save some money up before going back there again!!!!! Definitely will go there! Thanks.