Old 03-08-2011, 06:07 AM
jimsjunque

I bought a Singer 301 from a local ST.Vincent De Paul about 10 years ago for $25.00. My husband just about hit the roof! What did I need another sewing machine for? I cleaned it up, oiled, polished; SAID A PRAYER, then gently turned the wheel.That machine is my favorite.I sewed 'Mission' quilt tops on her for a year using what ever fabrics were supplied. Many times it was that old double knit stuff, poly blend. Anyway ; I love to sew with 100% cotton for my quilting and cotton thread also. I would sew the 'Mission' quilt, change my thread[ to cotton , if it wasn't already] and then sew my own project. The 'Lord' was good to me. I didn't even need to change my needle [regular to ballpoint] from sewing the double knit to the cotton without skipping a stitch. It is a must have machine, powerful,easy to maintain, quiet, all metal; a real blessing to use and own. So much so that I looked for others [usually found them a little cheaper] and when Mom needed something reliable I sent one to her home.She's now going to be 77 this year[still sewing quilts]. And one to my sisters home.[Use this till you can find something you either like;or can afford and won't let you down.] Both machines need to come back when you're finished. Am not in a hurry, please enjoy. I thank 'God' for these blessings. Linda