Old 01-30-2009, 12:28 PM
lyndawn

I live in a small town with very few places to shop at all. I do buy what I can locally, but it really isn't much.

I have one local LQS and I will not go in the shop unless I really need something. They are extremely rude. They treat you like there is something wrong with you if you don't buy what they recommend even if you are looking for a specific fabric.

One time I ran out of a fabric and was looking to see if they had it. It was a pink ribbon fabric. The lady tells me they have it. She takes me to it and it is not the same. She proceeded to tell me it was the only pink ribbon fabric on the market. I obviously knew different since I had some of the other already in a quilt. Then she got snotty when I didn't buy it. They are waaaay overpriced (13.95 for muslin that wasn't as good as what I saw at walmart). I like one kind of quilting needle. I asked them very nicely to order them for me. I even offered to pay (buy off of them) the entire box. They refused to help me out. The only place I can find these needles is Amish country which is 1.5 hrs away. I don't go very often.

When the customer service is right I will shop local. When it's not, I won't!

Lynette