View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 06:45 AM
seweasy

Most of the lessons take you through a process of learning how to draw a block in Easy Draw, then the block is saved in sketchbook to be later used in putting the blocks together in a quilt layout.
Lesson 3 is a fairly easy lesson because it uses log-cabin block from the library and just changes the colors used in the block. And Lesson 5 shows how to modify a block from the library.
If you gone through the Getting Started manual, you will be using the same commands. Some lessons were fairly easy and I could do two of them in a evening but some I only did one. It took maybe two weeks to get through it because I didn't put any pressure on myself to get it finished but at the same time I didn't want to be forever finishing because I might be a unclear on how it was all done.
I went to a quilt show this weekend. One thing I noticed when I looked at some of the quilts, I noticed more how the blocks were put together; not just looking at the overall quilt but each individual block. Understanding more about drawing blocks has given me a new insight in quilt making.
If you have any questions, you can PM me and I will send my email address if you like. Chris