View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 08:47 AM
june6995

Many people have spent the past few years stocking up on the old incandescent bulbs, and have boxes of them stored away for future use. I have not been able to find a 3Way CFL with enough power to see the words in my newspaper. There are so many different ratings and other numbers on the packages, but not a clue as to what they mean. Find a chart on the Internet, print it out and carry it in our pocket. You think???? Nothing is simple any more.

I was in Harbor Freight where an electrician was expounding on the "value" of the CFL's. He said when we finally begin to get the analog lights, we will have good clear lighting. So, when is that going to happen? In my lifetime???

My husband broke a CFL just getting out of the package. There went $10 and to show his frustration, he put it in the garbage can. Our TV consumer reporter says to put it in a zip lock bag, but I know darn well the broken glass will cut the plastic. What's a Mother to do??????????

Keeping safe these days is not so easy and trying to keep our environment safe, is getting to be harder every day. How is all this supposed to work? Get rid of one thing for something else that is not safe? Does not make sense. Government intervention?

June in Cincinnati