View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 09:29 AM
emmah

Originally Posted by JenelTX
Originally Posted by emmah
Go for an applique. It is a lot of fun to get creative. You can find lots of images on line and enlarge them, depending on what series he is a fan of.
Can you explain this a little further? I've never done this before. Do you just print the image and then sew the paper onto the quilt? or do you print it onto iron-on paper and then iron the image onto the fabric? If the latter, wouldn't it come out reversed?
You can get paper backed fabric sheets at a quilt/craft shop that will go into an inkjet printer. (I have used Printed Treasures sewon injet fabric sheets.) Save the image by right clicking on the image and then you can use a printshop or photo program to adjust the size, if needed before printing. Follow the directions with the sheets for how to "set" the ink image.
The other method I have used is to print out an image, then overlay the image with tracing paper and outline the figures/objects, kind of like making a coloring book page. That becomes a pattern for cutting out fabric bits, which I then fuse to a block with fusible webbing, and then stitch in place.