Thread: Brace Yourself
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 10:28 AM
jljack

Originally Posted by Tilladare
Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
BellaBoo, ours is bad too. I dont think really poor people can afford to shop at our Goodwill store. Jeans are 8.00 and 9.00 for used!
And that is only if they can beat the people who feel they are doing good and recycling by buying out all the wool and cotton clothes to cut up for crafting!
Sorry, this is a sore point for me. If a person wants to recycle clothing into crafting of any sort, I have no problem with that... IF they are using clothing from their own household. If you can afford new cloth, don't use the wool suit that might have helped a poor person get a job, or keep them from being quite as cold...
(OK off my soapbox... sorry for the rant)
Well, I don't think those few people who buy used clothing to cut up are taking it ALL from the thrift/Goodwill/Salvation Army stores. I recently went to a thrift store in my area, and they had TONS of used clothing, including all types, sizes, genders, etc.

Please be careful about painting a picture with such a WIDE brush, or making a statement that really is NOT SO TRUE!! If it's your own experience that you are commenting on, fine. Otherwise....maybe state that this is your own opinion.