View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 11:23 AM
dianewine

Originally Posted by IBQLTN
Weight Watchers Saturday, ran errands, bought groceries.

Sunday, went to church and then to breakfast with friends. Just after coffee got poured our 32 yo DS called and said he had a rapid heartbeat that wouldn't resolve and he needed to go to the ER. Left the table, rushed home, picked him up and off to the ER. It took about an HOUR before the triage nurse called him back... they even took people that came in after us back before him.

When she hooked him up to the BP/Pulse machine she was asking questions and typing and finally realized the machine had inflated and deflated several times. She looked at the machine and then at him and said "Do you feel like your heart just changed rhythm. My DS said 'well, yea, that is why I'm here. They took him back immediately. Long story short -- eventually (late in day) got sent to CCU as his heartbeat at one point was 174 with a BP of 60/40 (Before Meds). Their problem was keeping his blood pressure up while they brought the heart rate down because the meds lower the blood pressure.

Finally saw a cardiologist late MONDAY afternoon. He got moved to a regular room and they put a 24 hr monitor on him. If that stays stable for 24 hrs then the meds are working and he can go home ... but will have to stay on the meds for the rest of his life.

Very grateful to the Lord for sparing him!
Please know that my prayers are with you all, I hope that he will be doing much better soon. HUGS TO ALL!!!