Old 01-30-2009, 08:48 PM
triciasquilts

Things are getting tough for our mom and pop stores around here, but this is such a tough town, that I know things will pull thru. We even have a new Starbucks that will opening soon, brand new building too.
I have some of my quilt items on consignment at a specialty yarn shop and I know the owner is having a struggle. I know she can't even pay her rent this month plus other bills. So this morning, I wrote a check to cover her advertising bill that she has. I definitely don't want her going under. I also called upon a few of the other consignees and told them to get their butts to her store and do some major cleaning and help her out. She had one of her big windows in front broken out last weekend and still needed to get things back in there for display, so we did that yesterday and my hubby hung her signs back up for her.
I've never been hugged so many times in a short amt. of time as I was yesterday morning!! It made me feel so good to do my part to keep this shop in business!! While we were there, she had several customers come in and purchase some items. I knew a couple of them, so it was easy for me to talk to them and push them into that sale.
Oh, the owner of this shop is 81 yrs. old!!!!!