Old 01-31-2009, 01:18 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by sewsewquilter
Pretty quilt. Very interesting pattern. So... instead of cutting the block like + you cut like x?
You make a 9 patch, cut across as in the d9P THEN add a contrasting square on top of each 'corner' draw a line diagonally and stitch 1/4" from it on both sides like making HST's.

This creates two new squares from each 'corner' a clockwise HST and an anti clockwise HST........ you can now PLAY!!

There are a number of variations, depending on how you slash it, either across the 'corner' top left to bottom right or top right to bottom left, which will give you a different style block.

Plus I chose not to resew together the original four quarters of each block to give me more chance to mix up the fabrics over the whole top :D

One of the pictures posted shows the quarter squares in a different layout, using a row of clockwise pinwheels and next row anti clockwise pinwheels but off set to the left by half a block which gives a secondary offset diamond and zig zag effect....but there are several pattern combo's.

It's all down to how long you can stand twisting and turning the blocks before your brain is mashed like mine :lol: :lol: :lol: