Thread: Driving
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 01:01 PM
ImSvd1

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Originally Posted by ImSvd1
YaY! My 17 year old daughter got her drivers license today! So excited for her! Now we have to start looking for another car. Right now three of us are sharing one car. Of course we can't afford the gas for one right now.
I think I like staying home and quilting. ;)
Good for her! My oldest DGS who is 19 1/2 and in college still isn't driving, and he has a 10 year old Lexus waiting in the driveway for him. His brother who just turned 17 can't wait. He got delayed because he hasn't been able to practice parallel parking (do they still do that?), and his mother hit a deer with his 6-year old Jaguar; so it's being repaired. Kids these days.... The first car I had that was all my own was a 1985 Thunderbird that I bought with money from the inheritance from my mother, and it was used. My kids had their own cars before I did.
We made her wait until the one before her could afford insurance. Now that she is working, she can. They don't have to parallel park here in Ala. they just do a three point turn.
We are making them buy their own cars too. We help them, but they make the payments and keep up the insurance and upkeep on the vehicle. They have to be responsible.