View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 02:45 PM
dreamer2009

Originally Posted by kriscraft99
I don't consider it showing off, I refer to it as sharing :thumbup:

I love to see pictures of others projects in all of the different stages. It is better than browsing through a quilters magazine.

Originally Posted by thequiltmama
I love other peoples pics too. I get the best ideas from looking at other peoples quilts. :)
Originally Posted by debbieumphress
YOu know what, I do not consider sharing our photos on here of quilts showing off. We tend to think of it as sharing. I love seeing the different levels of quilters on here and their color choices. I get good ideas and sill do something in a color I never would have considered until seeing it on here. Yes, I post pictures. I used to only in my PDA but I have made so many new friends by posting on the picture site and others who like the quilts pm each other and get the patterns. Another reason we SHARE, is because there may be a pattern out there we knew nothing about and would like to try. I respect the ones who only keep their pictures in journals and such, I do too. What nice Memories of our quilts. Showing off...I don't think of it like that. I have put some that are a little wonky but that's all part of the fun. I hope this thread won't keep others from posting pictures because they think it is showing off. Not on this board. We love it. JMHO. :)
I personally find all the pics shared here a learning tool for my brain injuries.
I don't think I would have started quilting if hadn't seen all different things.
I am very glad to those who share their work :)