View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 05:15 PM
miriam
Power Poster

soft doll sculpting is fun - never two alike
I did one for my daughter (she's 30 now) when she was 3 or so and she carried it everywhere. Then I made her a Cabbage Patch knock off - I made and sold over 100 one year between September and January. She fell in love with the plastic doll - it had braids and she could haul it around by the braids. I asked her what she wanted to do with the other doll - she shrugged and said sell it. Well, it was kind of dirty and messy looking so I turned it into a punk - I put tattoos on his arms and added green spike hair and put a black t-shirt on him and some scruffy looking jeans that about fell off when you picked him up and a bandanna, safety pin earrings, etc. Then DH wrote up some disownment papers. We chained him to the table with a note that shop lifters would be persecuted. Then one day when we had a craft sale in a college neighborhood I took a potty break - when I came back my husband was laughing his head off - he sold the punk doll. I really didn't want to sell him. He was such an attraction...