View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 07:32 AM
Denise

Hi my name is Denise, I'm new to the quilting world and loving it. I live in a tiny town called Tangent, alberta, canada. I have three dogs 2 wish were strays and one I hand raised from birth. I also have a double yellow headed amazon parrot. I started buying quilting books after i watched a quilting show last yr. I read alot about quilting and watch as many shows i can. I took one quilting class and that was a disaster. I had to take some of the blocks apart and redo, they were not lining up and it look terrible. the block has 30 pieces alone in it. They instructor told me not to bother, because she said it could be fixed by squaring it. I sure glad i didn't listen and redid it. The other ladies were not happy because of how the quilts turned out, (they were all crooked). So I'm still learning and teaching all by myself, and of course if i'm not sure about something, I'll go ask at a sewing store or go online and see if someone can help me. I love it and still makes me very nervous to cut material, but it's getting better :? . My husband also just purchased a janome 300E embroidery machine. WOW now i have alot to study about sewing and i must start creating some projects. Only major complaint i have about quilting the days are to short :lol: Happy quilting everyone, Denise.