View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 10:27 PM
desertrose

Originally Posted by MYWR
My daughter and new son-in-law got married 11/06/2010. Of course she asked for a quilt. . .my daughter has her own ideas of how she likes things. She emailed me a picture from Flicker of the lay-out that she preferred. (We live in different states) I took it a step further. I had the two women who were giving her bridal showers to add to their invitations a request for each person to bring a fat quarter or (in case they had no idea) 1/4 yd of fabric in her wedding colors of dark red, dark orange and golden yellow. Some of those women had never seen the inside of a fabric store ! I then thought it would be interesting to embroider everyone's name who attended the wedding or was someway involved. Here are the results! And many thanks to my Dina who did the long arm quilt work - this had to be perfect ! Thanks for looking !

What a wonderful idea to have the guests bring fat quarters in the wedding colors and then embroider their names. A different type of memmory quilt for a wedding but I'll bet you see more of them now! :thumbup: