View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 11:46 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Iluv2quilt
Originally Posted by Carsey
Originally Posted by marcias
defeated...taking ulcer medicine...going to do a simple block. Sorry, Dee. I'll try the wings again in a month or two...or three when I feel less frustrated.
Marcia: Now I am scared!!!! I love the colors!! Rhonda: I printed out the paper template you posted for Marcia while your real templates are on the way to me. Suzi: I might need to start with something easier????? I am going to try to make a sample wing block before I attempt the real one for Suzi. (I hope, I hope, I hope!!!!) If it kicks my b......., I'll will let you know. Carole
Hi everyone! I'm excited for this swap! I just finished all of my sections for the star point block I made for Carsey this month. I don't have a 60 degree ruler so can't make the wings block this time, I'm sorry Carsey :( . My DH said he'd help me try to figure the 60 degrees out on my ruler, but is really unsure about it. Rhonda, do you have a template for this one?? I received all the other templates you sent, thank you so much!!

I'm almost done Carsey, just have to sew the pieces together. My DH said the block layout is beautiful so I hope you like it too!

Rhonda, do I post a pics of my finished blocks here or do my partners post the block when they receive them???
Just go and print off the paper templates I posted and you can cut out the swatch part without having to have a template or ruler for that angle cut. Besides I think it is a 30 degree anyway. I confuse myself on that all the time but I am pretty sure it is 30. I think I originally posted it as 60 but it isn't.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-104927-1.htm

As for posting your pics I think just like the Doll Quilt Swap I will leave that up to you and your partner. If your partner would like you to post it by all means post it but if you partner would rather it be a surprise then wait til she gets it first.