View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 01:12 AM
Gramof6

For a young pup, take a strip of fleece probably 4 inches wide and about 18 inches long. Tie it in a dbl. knot in the middle. Let your pup chew on this while he is teething or just play tug of war. With a sock, a dog thinks that material is fair game to chew on, so all of your socks may disappear. Not good if a dog ingests a sock. Surgery has been the only resolution and some dogs have not made it. So fleece is best. Sure cheaper than the string type Booda toys at the pet shops!

I also buy bell peppers, onion & celery when it is on sale. I chop them in sm pcs for cooking and freeze them is zip locks. When I am ready for them, they are ready to be tossed into a pot. Homegrown tomatoes the same. If I have potatoes about to go bad, I will cook them then peel them & dice, then freeze them. When we want potato salad, the potaotes are already cooked & only need to be thawed. Cheap apples could also be done this way for pies or applesauce.

If I make a cake for just DH & I, I serve it up in indiv. servings and freeze. Otherwise we would eat the whole darned things. Brownies can be done this way also. If I have 1 or 2 banana's going bad, I will stick them in the freeze, unpeeled and cont. to do this until I have enough to bake banana bread. I buy cranberries when they are in season and freeze those. I make Cranberry tea in the Winter & Cranberry bread.My friend makes her dogs, dogbones with healthy ingred. rather than buy the expensive ones from the Pet Shops. I do also make homemade noodles and have those on hand. Much cheaper than bought from the Store. You can freeze them or store in air tight container for a month.