View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 03:47 AM
Suzanne in VT

I decided on my own that if I was ever going to make any of those quilts I needed to organize them for my own sanity!

I went through every magazine and tore out the quilts I liked. I then put them in the top loading sleeves (got mine at Staples - 100 per box) that can be put in three ring binders.

After this was done I organized them into categories. For me it was applique quilts, baby quilts, traditional quilts, Christmas quilts, etc.

I then put these categories into binders. I bought the 3" binders and then some tabs to divide my categories.

Everyone thinks and works differently, but this is what works best for me.

I know someone who could NOT even think about tearing her magazines up, so what she did was take a color copy of the quilt she liked in each magazine. Usually the magazine name/date are on the bottom of the page, but if not, she would write that in. She then organized all of her magazines on a bookshelf. This way she could look through the copied pictures (she also put these in binders) and when she came to one she wanted to make she only needed to go to that magazine on her bookshelf.

Have fun!

Suzanne in VT