View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 04:20 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by one&only
My only suggestion, if any, would be on the regular log cabin blocks on the left and right of the center there are 2 dark rows and 2 light rows from the small purple square, where on the top and bottom there are 3 dark rows and 1 light row from the small purple square. What would it look like make the left and right side the same as the top and the bottom? Regardless, your design is defininely a winner! :thumbup:
Thank you so much everyone for all your input - you have been so helpful (even you Gai! :mrgreen: ) And thanks for pointing out that I had the fabrics wrong - I hadn't noticed. Anyway, taking on board all that has been said and a few more hours work this morning, here is, by my reckoning, Version 13... anyone superstitious? :lol:

I really wasn't happy with the four corners of the centre four blocks of version one, plus I didn't like the medallion effect created by the centre of regular log cabins, so I've made that more roundy by making the corners of that section black and when I make this, with my own applique design, I will start the flowers' stems to radiate out from the greyish curving part.

I liked the suggestion for shaped borders and may try something with the corner sections, don't know yet...

I'm sorry but I can't do a tute for this - it would take forever and I can't spare the time, However when I've made the quilt myself, maybe I can come up with a version of it as a pattern to purchase if there was any interest. This would assume a knowledge of not only regular piecing but also Paper Piecing and Applique though... :-D

Version 13
[ATTACH=CONFIG]117582[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-117577.jpe