View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 06:13 AM
FERSID

I worked in a fabric shop for a short while and it became very evident that I was sensitive to the "fibre particles" floating in the air as a result of the vast amounts of fabric being cut on a daily basis.

I was fine until I went into work my shift and within a half hour of being in the store, my nose would start to run (small sniffles) and continue the entire time I was at work. By the time I left work, my nose would be red and sore from using tissues (not unlike having a pesky cold). When I left work, within a half hour of leaving the store, my sniffles would stop.

This would occur every day that I worked - on my days off, I would not have any sniffles.

Even though the store had a very large (and I would assume adequate) ventilation system, fibre particles are minute and those combined with the dyes in the fabric, cause me to suffer.

The amount of fabric I cut for my quilting is no where near as vast as the amount I had to cut when I worked in the fabric shop so THANK GOODNESS, I don't have to give up my quilting.