View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 06:14 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Hi K.

I have an ABM Innova 26" throat on a 10' frame. If I had the room I would have gone with a 12' frame. I do not have a computer set up nor do I want one. I do have a stitch regulator on mine and I wouldn't be without it. Getting an even stitch length that looked good was my biggest problem with FMQ on a domestic machine. So much so that I never attempted to quilt anything bigger then a 60" square quilt on my Bernina. I couldn't imagine wrestling with a bigger quilt while trying to maintain even stitches.
I adore my Innova. The price was less then many of the bigger names like Gammel, APQS, etc. but the machine is heavy duty.
My frame is made by ABM and is constructed of airplane grade aluminum. It is solid as a rock and has an extra roller before the take up so I never need to adjust the height of the take up roller as the quilt built up on the take up bar. To me that was a big advantage. I also have start/stop and needle up/down control buttons right on my handle bars. I like that a lot.
Set yourself a budget of how much you are willing to spend and then test drive as many machines as you can in your price range to see what works for you.