Old 03-09-2011, 09:03 AM
blisterful

Originally Posted by blisterful
(I posted a few weeks before when I was having trouble with timing going out 3 times in three weeks). I am still having the same issues with this machine. Yesterday, authorized Bernina repairman said the reason my Bernina is going out of time is because I have been threading machine with the pressure foot down. I find it hard to believe his statement. If this were true, our owner's manuals would have a great big warning statement telling us our machine may need servicing if we thread needle with pressure foot up. Bernina owners, please let me know if you have ever threaded your machine with the pressure foot down and what you think of his explanation.
Thank you for your messages. We all have our ways of threading a machine. I happen to leave pressure foot down as I thread machine just to have a little resistance. Once thread is through needle, I'll raise pressure foot and take both top thread and bobbin together pulling both threads together which allows thread to seat in tention discs, then lower pressure foot and cut both threads on thread cutter.

Being told that I am actually damaging the mechanisms in the sewing machine (or loosening screws internally) by having the pressure foot down while threading is hogwash. I'm not talking about loose threads or skipped stitches. I talking about my needle breaking because it is hitting metal inside the machine.(and this happens after using it for a couple of hrs. after servicing..3+ times in 3 weeks). I have called other dealers since this posting who confirm there is a problem with my machine not a pressure foot up/down threading issue. They didn't know where the problem was without seeing the machine, but to fix the timing over and over again isn't the answer. Thank you for supporting "common sense".