Old 02-01-2009, 06:53 AM
Mousie
Power Poster

I have seen so much on this post that I agree with. I am on a fixed budget but quality service is an absolute must. We have a LQS on what we call "old downtown" street and I haven't been there in over two years. Her fabric was pricey but nice, but they followed you around like you might steal or something and you couldn't concentrate. i went in one day just after seeing the doctor. My thyroid was out of range and since I was in there a while, (cause her assistant wouldn't leave me to "shop" - I can't pick fabrics without a lot of touchy-feely, musing and visualizing), so being there so long, I became a bit dehydrated. A common thing for me if not careful. i began to 'speed' up and was having hot flashes. anyway after what i call 'jibes' about ppl who are compulsive, i decided, "hey, I don't need this in return for supporting you." The owner was right there sewing, and I know at least once, the assistant said, while i was looking down at a piece of fabric, (you know that feeling, cause of the sound in the voice, that eyes are rolling?)..."oh, she has LOTS of fabric"....sounds like I am on a rant or something...nope, just a small town, friendly person, maybe a tad sensitive at times, but don't need ppl snubbing me etc. I can go elsewhere and save money to boot.
She bought out our local wal-mart of their embroidery threads...she got them for .10 each and sells them for .69. I understand needing to make a profit, but since the elderly in this town have to go 90 minutes away to get it for .29 that's taking advantage. Lucky for me, I already had boocoo threads of all colors. People love to save money, but they want the ambience, the friendship and chatting etc. That's a free commodity and will profit them in the end. What would it have cost them to get off their high horse and bring their noses down to the level of the customers? otherwise, decent ppl. They just don't get how important the bedside manner is. thanks for the opportunity to vent. i never have before. i don't trash ppl, it hurts business and I figure they are doing that all by themselves. I'm a good person and just want to be treated as such and i will return it in spades. :wink: