View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JudyG
Originally Posted by Lacelady
Originally Posted by Ducky
I agree Judy. One more thing to learn would make my little brain explode. And that would be very messy, indeed.
Eewww, duck pate comes to mind - please don't do that Ducky.

Kathy, don't hold out on us, we need pics!

I have loads of them now - does anyone feel the need to try practising a scroll yet? I am still not sure if you want to see finished blocks yet, or what, because of the start date being so far away, but I am keeping them all ready for when we do start. I have been putting some of them on my PDA if you want sneak peeks at them.
Lesley, I believe you are doing your scrolls by hand. How many strands of floss are you using? I am working on a scroll right now. I bought a bunch of different floss and tried the variegated ones and didn't like any of them. So now I'm working with a really pale yellow and think that will work pretty good for me. I tried a metallic thread and didn't like working with it and didn't like the feel of it on the fabric.

I'm going searching for your pictures. I want to see what you've done.
Ah, I am doing the hand embroidery with two strands of DMC stranded embroidery floss, shade 742, but the scrolls I meant was the applique scrolls, as that is the third main shape you will need to practice for this quilt if you haven't had much experience, but want to needleturn.

For lists of where my pics are for this quilt, click on my blue name above my avatar, and scroll down right to the bottom. I hope I have managed to list where to find them all, but I might have missed off one or two.