Thread: bargello #2
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 11:10 AM
pearsonstudio

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Beautiful. I love the rich earth tones you used. What are the dimensions on this quilt it looks like it is long and narrow? Also is this an adaptation of one of the patterns in the Twist and Turn Bargello book?
It is about 28 x 52 and is a table runner so I have to keep a leaf in my antique table or it just pops over the edge about an inch. If I was making this for a gift, I would definitely reduce the size as you would need quite a large table for it to work. It actually fit better on the table unquilted :) I would have to run down to "the room" to see the book( I think it is twist and turn), but I followed the pattern with no creativity except using the gorgeous oriental print for the center pieces. I bought 3 yard of it at a show and keep using it over and over for projects. I used it for the backing on this one so if my cowboy husband slops his coffee that isn't supposed to be on there in the first place :), I can flip it over and not hurt him!! Isn't that the way it is when you love a piece of fabric and you dh too? :)