View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 03:54 PM
milp04

Originally Posted by cowpie2
I am going to assemble a memory/hug quilt for a coworker that has just been diagnosed with cancer. Several people in the office will be contributing blocks and I'll assemble the whole thing. I plan to use flannel for the back and want to make the quilt snuggle but not unweldy. I'm sure there will be many opinions but I need help deciding on the batting. Quilters Dream Puff, Warm and Natural or the Bamboo batting. What do you all think? It will be a laying on the couch cover up or to go with to Chemo/Radiation treatments.
I'm so sorry to hear your coworker has to go through all of this. What a wonderful thing for you and the others to do. I recently heard that the bamboo batting has a much softer feel once it is quilted. I knew to wash the batting to prevent shrinkage but did not realize it should be washed more.

I would be sure to make it big enough to wrap up in fully even on the couch. I like plenty of quilt to wrap under my feet as well as up and around my shoulders and neck area. So plenty of length and width would be my suggestion. My daughter uses a twin size and full size quilt on the couch for tv watching all the time. Gives enough quilt to lay over the doggie that wants to cuddle on the couch!

I will be watching this thread to see what others have to share on this topic.

Good luck with your project and best wishes to your coworker as they go through the treatments.

Pam M