Old 02-01-2009, 12:21 PM
joustmom

This is my first post, and I have to say I am ambivilant about the whole LQS thing. When I first began quilting, it was because of the young girl in my home town who opened her own quilting shop ( her dream) I became a friend and enjoyed the social atmosphere there, I was even welcome to just spend the pm having a coffee and working on a project randomly ( young mom needed a day away! LOL) When she sold the store and moved away, I continued patronizing the shop with the new owner, who also becam a friend. I spent as much as I could afford to there, mostly on the specialty items the Fabricland 40 mins away did not carry. Also took classes at the LQS. In my new place, the folks at the LQS are not as friendly or welcoming, and are much more "business like" The girls at the Fabricland, on the other hand, know me by name, and are always willing to give me a hand when I need it ( one is a passionate quilter) I guess what I am saying is that the personal touch means a lot to me, but in the end I will mostly shop where I can get the most yaradage for my money .