View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 12:28 PM
rubia

I've posted a few times about my poor little machine and it's inability to sew through multiple layers without knocking the needle out of alignment. I received a lot of great advice here about finding a new machine.

A friend gave me her early-70's Singer. But it has some issues and I wasn't willing to spend the money on maintenance when I could put that money to a new machine that I know will do the work.

Then, my mother went to NC to help my sister recover from foot surgery. My sister lives w/ our grandfather. Our grandmother passed away several years ago. She was an amazing seamstress! She quilted by hand even though her fingers were gnarled and bent w/ arthritis.

My mom asked my grandfather and he said yes..... Tomorrow my mom is bringing my grandmother's sewing machine and accessories to me.

I won't be able to sew on it for a while without crying. I'm crying even now! My grandmother was my best friend and I feel the loss of her every day. I have felt that she would be very proud of me for trying to sew and learning to quilt.

I can assure you that every stitch will feel the love of my grandmother in it.