View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 04:49 PM
jpthequilter

Originally Posted by quiltmaker
No I don't swap or even donate. I am so put off by the venom of people on this board about smoking/pet hair and numerous other allergy related issues that their needs are the singular most important thing for any member to join a swap or donate. Frankly I wonder how some of them are able to leave their homes. I have smoke/pets in my home.

I have truly tried to be understanding of these people's thoughts but wonder why it is necessary to continually have these type of posts on this board. Frankly, I imagine many of them have annoying children, bad habits, bodily smells that would offend me but they act like they own the right to continually complain and whine. Good Lord it has to be extremely off putting to many members. I haven't responded to any of their topics/comments but decided to now.

I make quilts for people all the time, donate many, and have never had a problem with any of them. I only use LQS quality fabrics and I do wash after I make all of them. They don't smell or have pet hair on them. I have no desire to make blocks/donate to unappreciative people. But I have read so many complaints here about picky people, and all the other topics people wish to gripe about that as much as I enjoy this board I will not swap or donate here. It is their loss not mine. I will just continue to give to the people that are happy to receive a quilt made with love and gift to ones I know that are in need in my own community.

Diana, I hear what you're saying as I have read many topics here about what you are saying. It's a sad thing to me but that's the way it is. I am so amused about how everyone talks about how wonderful quilters are (I do believe most of us are) but there are numerous ones that only validate the fact that they are just like everyone else and not some special breed. Sorry to get off your topic a bit but it really is a sad situation when I am sure many people don't get involved because of what you are saying and what I am trying to say. ;)
I live in a small community of 12 thousand people. I have just donated a quilt to a fundraiser for the local hospital, and made two tops for a school kids fund raiser for school supplies. Look around... There are always ways you can give to help others nearby.
Even if it is just a little bit, like some table runners, or patchwork pillows....