View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Alondra

Originally Posted by Jingle
I haven't bought any CFLs and don't intend to. Buying up incandescent bulbs.
I have noticed night light bulbs don't last near as long as they use to, they are made in China.
I heard at least one Senator wants to stop the law to stop using incandescent bulbs, he has probably been ran out of the Senate. Of course, they have closed down all our lightbulb manufactories. Stupid ideas all those stupid poeple come up with, seems there are better things to do. Same for the global warming and saving the earth, it has been here long before we came and will be here long after we are long gone.
Stupid laws.
All the more reason to write to your Senators and Representatives and demand they rescind this stupid and dangerous ruling. It's SO easy to email them... just google their names (i.e. Ron Paul website), and you'll get a link to their site, from where you can send an email. There's usually a button that says "Contact Me" or "Email Me" or something like that. Then you just fill out the form, type in your message, and hit Send. That easy. It's truly painless and doesn't cost anything but a few minutes' time.

Disposing of these bulbs is guaranteed to contaminate our soil and water for centuries. That isn't even mentioning the consequences of breaking one - that's just assuming that they burn out and we replace them. Please don't throw them in your trash. That is like signing a death warrant for our grandchildren.